This course provides you with an overview of the POPI (Personal Protection Of Information) Act enacted in 2013 and implemented on 1st July 2020 in South Africa. You will understand what you need to know about the POPI Act in your work environment to comply with these regulations.
RIGHT NOW is the time for every business to start gearing up to be fully compliant with the POPI Act by June 2021.
However, getting on board with the POPI Act is about so much more than minimising legal risk and avoiding hefty potential fines for non-compliance.
It is about processes and managing personal information in such a way, that you will be able to retain the most important element to succeed in business: the unwavering loyalty and trust of your customers.
- Introduction to the POPI Act and personal information
- The eight conditions for lawful processing of personal information
- POPI implementation in an organisation
- The implications of POPI in direct marketing
- General exclusions in terms of POPI
- Transborder information flow
- The impact of POPI on your organisation
- Risks and consequences of non-compliance
There are no inquiries yet.